Tips and Tricks – Insect and Animal Bites, Prevention, Treatment, and Management
TIPS AND TRICKS
• Many snakes emit a cucumber-like smell when touched or disturbed, so if you smell this odor in an odd location, keep a watchful eye.
• Do not make a habit of reaching for rock ledge handholds while climbing in warm weather as snakes choose these areas often for shade.
• When stepping over logs be sure to look on the opposite side before stepping to ensure a snake is not present.
• Black widows love woodpiles and dead logs, so when harvesting from these locations for resources wear gloves to help avoid any issues.
• An immediate spit poultice of plantain is never a bad idea for any type of bite.